You can make a real difference to your workplace and to the lives of your colleagues by normalising conversations about mental health, dispelling myths and making it easier for people to seek professional support.
This one-day mental health awareness and skills course gives you:
- Knowledge and confidence to provide Mental Health First Aid for the most common mental health issues
- Understanding of how to help build a mentally healthy workplace, challenge stigma and support positive wellbeing
- A quick reference card for the Mental Health First Aid action plan
What to expect
Learning takes place through a mix of presentations, group discussions and workshop activities. We limit numbers to 16 people per course so that the instructor can keep people safe and supported while they learn.
Everyone who completes the course gets:
- A manual to refer to whenever they need it
- A workbook including a helpful toolkit to support their own mental health
- A certificate of attendance to say they are an MHFA Champion accredited by Mental Health First Aid England
- A copy of the Line Managers’ Resource, an invaluable source of advice on how to support an employee experiencing mental ill health
The course will be run by Mariyam Hassan. Mari is a qualified mental health instructor and holds a diploma in humanistic counselling, training in organisational behaviour and certifying as a transformational coach. She has worked in human resources for 15 years in a variety of roles with her current role as head of inclusion, wellbeing & benefits. She has delivered a number of training courses related to mental health, resilience and workplace wellbeing.
Course cost: £195 +VAT for members. If you would prefer to be invoiced rather than pay for the course through Eventbrite, please email email@example.com
Date & Time
Wed, 13th October 2021
09:00 – 17:00
Please note, this workshop will take place online. Details to follow.