Please join us for our Employment Law Update, focusing on the new immigration system expected to come into force on 1 January 2021.
The government published a document on 13 July 2020 setting out information in respect of a new immigration system that is expected to come into force once freedom of movement has ended with the European Union.
Ilda de Sousa, partner in the Immigration department at Kingsley Napley, will provide an overview of the new Skilled Worker route and how it will impact firms that wish to employ non-EU as well as EU nationals arriving for the first time after this date.
In addition, she will:
• Focus on the EU settlement scheme and what needs to be done for EU nationals that are eligible to apply before the cut-off date at the end of June 2021.
• Provide practical points for firms to consider if an EU national holds either pre-settled or settled status.
• Discuss how right to work checks should be carried out.
• Cover the Tier 5 Intern scheme.
• Explore the impact of Covid on Tier 2 visas, more especially the impact of applying for indefinite leave to remain (ILR) following excess absences as a result of the pandemic.
Free for members to join. £50 +VAT for non-members.
Date & Time
Wed, 28th October 2020
09:00 – 10:00
Online details to follow